Streak-CRM in your Inbox
So I am letting you in on my secret weapon, Streak!! Literally, game changer and has me on top of my game. The main reason I love Streak is I am not signing into another program, it is all in my Gmail thus making it super easy for me to stay organized and take action.
- I always know my sales conversion rate
- I never have to search for a template email, I use Streak's snippets and it saves me tons of time.
- I use Streak's snooze email to remind me to follow up with someone
- I keep track of my referral sources
I recorded a 9-min video setting up Streak
How I use Streak:
Create pipelines- I have 3 pipelines:
- Sales (track my sales process)
- Onboarding (the stages of onboarding a client)
- Network (track and keep in touch with my network)
This is how I set mine up:
- 1st Touch point (1st call or email to gauge interest or fit)
- Qualified (meaning I qualified them and they are an ideal client)
- Chasing (prospect said they were interested)
- Won (verbal yes and moving to “onboarding” pipeline
- Not Qualified (they did not pass my ideal client qualifications)
- Loss (prospect is qualified and said no)
- Stage; Deal Size; Source; Source Referral Name; Tag; Notes; Non-Qualified Reason; Company; Phone Number; Magic Columns: email address, summary, date last updated, date in stage, date of last email, date of first email, contacts & organization
- verbal yes
- go through your process here (mine is 3 step process)
- 1 month check in
- 3 month feedback (ask for testimonial);
- Company; Phone Number; Magic Columns: email address, summary, date last updated, date in stage, date of last email, date of first email, contacts & organization
- Past Clients;
- Connectors - people who are network or know a # of people
- Influencers- people who have klout & or following
- Name, Stage, Source, Source Referral Name, Expertise, Intros, # referrals, (add the appropriate Magic Columns)
On the right side of your gmail you will see Pipeline. When you click on that you will see all your prospects and what stage they are on in. I visit this every day. This is super powerful.
You can get really fancy with it if you would like:
Keeping track of prospects/ contacts
When I email a new person or a new person sends me an email immediately I add them to a box (orange icon in upper left corner that is labeled "boxes.")
I add their name and put them in the appropriate pipeline. Then I fill out the fields on the right side. It takes me less than 1 minute.
Create template email and have access to it each time you compose an email.
Click lower icon called "snippets" looks like a form and select the template email.
Here is where you have all your canned templates. Streak shows you an example here: https://www.streak.com/canned-gmail-snippets
I have over 13 of them, my canned templates range from "thank you for the introduction" to "asking for a referral."
Once I send an email to a person. I go to the sent mail section then and click on Snooze button on the upper right corner and have it boomerang the email back to me in 3 days if she/he doesn't reply back to me. This reminds me to follow up with her.
Here is streak example: https://www.streak.com/email-snooze-in-gmail
There are times I want to know when someone viewed my email, I use this feature only for sending out contracts. It is really freaking effective, I no longer have to guess when the person viewed or if it got to them.
Eye Icon on the bottom of your email let's you see when a person has your viewed your email. Streak has a great visual on their site: https://www.streak.com/email-tracking-in-gmail
The day before a phone or live meeting
I use the Send-later feature in Streak (blue clock icon next to send button) to send an email the day before the meeting to confirm the meeting. This really makes me look like I am on top of my game. I use the snippet feature to bring my template email.
Streak has a great visual about send later:
Mail Merge Feature
This feature is incredible when you want to send a customized template email to many.
Here is how it looks: https://www.streak.com/mail-merge-using-gmail
You can find it in your pipeline-sales/crm, It is the upper left button More.
Then click on the boxes of the people you want to send an email to
then click on "continue with mail merge" and start composing your email.
Don't forget to personalize your email
Once you finish personalizing click send.
Ok, so that is how I use Streak :)